Travel insurance is a topic that can be intimidating to talk about, but it’s important to understand more about the rules and regulations surrounding travel insurance. Travel insurance covers you in case of an emergency that happens during your trip. The most popular types of travel insurance include medical coverage and accidental death coverage. Here are some top companies in this industry:
1. Insure My Trip
InsureMyTrip is a travel insurance company that offers a wide range of travel insurance plans, including medical coverage and trip interruption. The company has a good reputation for customer service and quick claims processing.
The company offers coverage for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Trip interruption
- Cancellation or delay in departure due to unforeseen circumstances; or illness or injury during your trip (up to USD 4k per person)
2. Square mouth
Squaremouth is a travel insurance company that offers coverage for international travel. They offer coverage for trip cancellation, interruption, and medical expenses. Their plans are available in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
Squaremouth is one of the most popular travel insurance companies because they are very easy to use and come with low prices. It’s also important to note that they have a wide variety of benefits including accident insurance coverage while traveling abroad or while you’re at home on vacation or business trips; theft protection if your luggage gets lost or stolen; trip delay protection in case something happens during your trip; personal accident/dental coverages including emergency dental treatments when needed after an accident abroad (like getting hit by a car while crossing roads); legal assistance if there’s an issue with something like passports being lost during travel which could cause problems later down the road when trying to reenter another country again without having any documentation proving who you really are!
3. Travelex Insurance Services
Travelex Insurance Services is a subsidiary of Travelex Global Business Payments and offers travel insurance to Canadians and Americans. The company offers a range of plans, including:
- Travel Medical Insurance Plans – These cover you for medical emergencies while traveling abroad. They also offer emergency assistance for lost baggage, delays, or cancellations due to illness or injury (up to $10,000).
- Carry-on Baggage Coverage – This coverage protects your valuables from theft while traveling on an international flight. It includes items like laptops and cameras as well as electronics like cell phones or tablet computers that contain sensitive data; however, it does not include jewelry or other personal effects such as clothing or accessories unless they are part of the original purchase price of these possessions when purchased new from an authorized reseller under its own brand name (e.g., Apple).
4. Travel Guard
Travel Guard is the largest provider of travel insurance in the U.S., with more than 30 million policies sold annually. The company has been around since 1972 and offers a huge variety of coverage options, including customized plans that can be based on your personal needs and preferences.
Travel Guard has an emergency assistance center open 24 hours per day, seven days per week. This center provides access to medical providers such as doctors and hospitals near you when needed. As well as these resources, Travel Guard also offers its customers expedited service at no additional cost when they call their customer service line or visit one of their websites (travelguard@travelguardca).
5. Travelers Insurance Company
Travelers Insurance Company is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. The company has over 30,000 employees and more than $3 billion in assets. It’s one of the largest property and casualty insurers in the world and offers travel insurance products through its subsidiary Travel Indemnity Company.
6. World Nomads
World Nomads is a New Zealand-based travel insurance company that offers medical, evacuation, and baggage coverage. The company also offers a variety of additional services such as personal accident coverage, trip cancellation insurance, and pet cover.
World Nomads’ global network includes over 160 countries worldwide with representatives in over 200 locations across the globe.
7. Allianz Global Assistance
Allianz Global Assistance is a subsidiary of Allianz SE, a German insurance company. The company offers travel insurance, medical evacuation, and repatriation coverage.
Allianz Global Assistance is based in the United States and has offices in over 30 countries. It also has subsidiaries that provide services outside of North America.
- Allianz Travel Insurance Co., Ltd., which offers international travel protection products throughout Asia Pacific;
- World Nomads Limited (Australia) Pty Ltd., which sells underwritten travel protection products to Australians based overseas; and
- Swiss Reinsurance Company Americas LLC (USA).
8. Generali Global Assistance (formerly CSA Travel Protection)
Generali Global Assistance (formerly CSA Travel Protection) is a leading provider of travel insurance, offering a wide range of policies to cover your every need. With our specialist team, you can be sure that we will provide the right product for your trip and support you throughout the process.
RoamRight is a travel insurance company that offers great coverage and customer service. They’re one of the best travel insurance companies in the industry, offering comprehensive coverage in over 200 countries.
Right offers a wide range of travel insurance plans, including:
- Travel medical insurance
- Trip cancellation and interruption coverage
- Baggage protection
MedjetAssist is a medical evacuation insurance company that provides coverage for non-emergency medical evacuations, emergency medical evacuations, and repatriation of remains. The company offers coverage for individuals traveling to locations outside the U.S., including Canada and Mexico as well as other countries within the Western Hemisphere (excluding Cuba).
MedjetAssist was founded in 2000 by Daniel McMahon, who serves as its CEO today. He previously worked at Transworld Travel Insurance Co., which was acquired by Marsh Incorporated in 1996—one of the largest insurance companies in America at that time—and later became president of Marsh’s global operation before leaving after nearly 20 years with them
Travel insurance can be a confusing subject. With so many different companies, and so many different policies and benefits, it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle. We hope this article has helped you discover which travel coverage is right for your needs.
Click For Next Post